Spasʹka Church is located on the territory of Natali’vskiy palace park vicinity, on the crossroads of century old pine forest and chestnut alley which stretches from entrance arch. The construction started in 1911 by Oleksiy Shchysev and was finished and baptized in 1913. When you enter the church you can see following words engraved:
“The king of glory. In summer of the world creation in 7419, since birth of our Lord Jesus Christ in 1911, July 29th, during rein of tsar Nokilay Alehandrovich the 2 nd, in the Nataliyvka country estate, in the presence of the owners of the estate , counsel advisor Pavel Ivanovich Kharitonenko with his wife Vera Andreyvna, their son Ivan Pavlovich, daughter Elena Pavlovna Olyv with husband Mikhaylo Sergeevich and Natalia Pavlovna Oliv with here husband Mikhailo Sergeyvich and Natalia Pavlovna, duchess Horchakova with her husband Mikhailo Konstantinivich, their grandkids Irina and Vera Stebnjuk, the church was founded in the name of Holy Savior, presented by Kharitonenko. Aleksei Scshusev was building it with the help of the architect Aleksei Rukhladev. The church was baptized in July 7th 1913”.
The church was done in pskov-novgorog architectural style. Outer walls of the church decorated by 16 th relief rosettes depicting saints and decorative ornaments based on sketches of famous sculptor O.T Matveev. Also while bricklaying walls, medieval terrain brought from Europe were installed. Mosaic icon of the Jesus Christ is hanging in the niche above the main entrance. Its written with red letters in Greek “ Pantokrator” . The author of this mosaic is Mukola Konstantinovich Rerikh. The church is built asymmetrically according to the architect’s idea. It’s built from bricks coated with blocks of limestone. The names of people who created this masterpiece are carved on one of the blocks.
In 1913 Pavlo Ivanovich Kharutonenko ordered architect Serhiy Konkov to make 2 meters bas-relief crucifix on the south façade . In the upper part of the wall above the head of crucified Jesus Christ there is a writing Jesus the king of the Jews and 2 kneeling angles.
Pavlo Kharitonenko planned to organize temple-museum and display unique collection of ancient icons, church books and other artefacts. Although after October revolution all valuables have been transferred from the temple and currently are displayed in different museums, mostly in Tretyakov gallery. Many years the temple was used as a boiler house and sometimes as a billiard. Only in 2001 services started to be conducted again.