Copyright MAXXmarketing GmbHWrite a comment for this product!
Lviv’s church of the assumption of blessed virgin is located on Ruska street - the street that has been the development center of Russian culture and Orthodoxy in spite of powerful effect of the state of Poland on Lviv at the certain period of time. But as for now, this church is a symbol of history of that region and the great architectural ensemble of Renaissance.
In 15th century the church was under Stavropegial brotherhood’s patronage and great influence of catholic regulations - to make the long story short, Ukrainians were forced to follow Polish life canons. Such struggles have lasted for a century. In 1918 the church became the place for meetings, especially for the representors of Western Ukrainian Peoples’ Republic, studies and even hosted printing house and museum.
Talking about church’s construction, it consists of campanile, known as Kornyakt Tower and Three Saints Chapel, apart from the church itself. What’s also worth to mention, is that church was nearly burnt, but Stavropegial brotherhood rebuilt it. Ensemble’s tower is considered to be the most beautiful one comparing with the churches all over Lviv, alongside with Dominican Cathedral that is the part of Old City Ensemble and is even under protection of UNESCO.
Translated by Yelyzaveta Kravchenko
"Це місце завжди було центром розвитку російської культури і православ"я,...." ? Звідки цей анекдот?
Interesting places of this region (3)
JoomShopping Download & Support