It`s the monastery of the first female Catholic Order of Lutsk. In 1624 Lutsk mayor and Lithuanian Chancellor Albrecht Stanislaw Radziwill gave for the Bridgettines his palace, which was situated in a Circuitous castle. Nuns remade it into the monastery and built church nearby. There was a school at a monastery where children of the nobles and wealthy citizens studied.
In 1845 in the monastery was a fire. However, the Bridgettines didn’t allowed firefighters to come into the monastery. As a result, the fire moved on the city and several hundreds of homes were burned down. So, local authorities forbade a stronghold of the Bridgettines in Lutsk and pick up their monastery as a compensation for damages. In the following decades, the complex was converted into a prison. In June, 1941 the Soviet secret police shoot down about four thousand prisoners here.
Всі матеріали захищені авторськими правами. При копіюванні посилання на #FINDWAY є обо'вязковим.