Copyright MAXXmarketing GmbHWrite a comment for this product!
In 1904, a crypt was built for Constantine and Janina Potocki by famous Vladislav Gorodetsky s project, who was born on the modern Vinnytsia territory. He has been friends with the Potocki family for a long time, and has visited their mansions many times. It is interesting that after the completion of the construction of the church the architect did not take the money for the work, though Potocki offered him a big sum. Then the Earl gave Gorodetsky an expensive shotgun. The architect left it at Potocki s place and promised to use it every time he came to hunt on their hunting grounds. Potocki's magnificent tomb consists from the underground crypt and a large chapel where one could pray for the souls of the dead. Nowadays the local Catholic community uses the chapel as a church.
Unfortunately, the state does not care about the church at all. In 100 years a major repair has never been made. Only the windows are glazed with the modern glass. Earlier colorful stained windows of rhombic glass were in their place. It is believed that they were made in Italy. Although the masters tried to recreate them, they did not succeed. The attempt of replicating those days heating system also failed. The technology remained a mystery.
Translated by: Darina Stepchenkova
Interesting places of this region (4)
JoomShopping Download & Support