Rynok Square, Lviv

16425

Coordinates: 49.8419368, 24.0316004
Type of place: Architecture, Square
Entrance: Free
Parking: Absent
Accessibility for people with disabilities: Yes
Rynok Square, Lviv Rynok Square, Lviv Rynok Square, Lviv Rynok Square, Lviv Rynok Square, Lviv Rynok Square, Lviv Rynok Square, Lviv Rynok Square, Lviv Rynok Square, Lviv Rynok Square, Lviv Rynok Square, Lviv Rynok Square, Lviv Rynok Square, Lviv
The entire medieval Lviv can be seen in a small square. Every house, every sculpture retains its own legend, has its own secret. This open-air museum is called Market Square.
 
A central exhibit in the museum is the City Government Hall or Magistrate. Its story began during the reign of Vladimir Opilsky. It was at the end of the fourteenth century when he founded the first town hall in Lviv. Over the centuries, the Magistrate rebuilt and often changed its appearance. City Government Hall got its modern look in 1851.
 
The Town Hall is a huge rectangular building with a tall tower, which is a monument of Lviv. The building is surrounded by four sculptures, which were erected on the site of the former wells in 1793. These statues are the figures of Neptune, Adonis, Amphitrite, and Diana in the center of the fountains. Everyone is welcome to visit the building of Town Hall and the viewing place at the top of it. The height of the tower with toothed endings is 65 meters. It has a huge clock (diameter of the dial - 3 meters), which can be reached by overcoming 400 steps. From the viewing place, you can see the whole city in the palm of your hand.
 
Each building on Market Square has a unique architecture. Samples of the Renaissance are presented in the eastern part. The real monuments of Ukraine are the Black Stone House and the Kornyakt Palace. The facade of the Black Stone House is lined with cobblestone, which as a result of the oxidation of the polychrome coloring of the blacks, and is decorated with sculptures. Nowadays there is an exposition of the history museum, consisting of more than three hundred thousand exhibits, which tells the history of the origin of medicine and medicine, the development of pharmacy and mysterious alchemy. Sixteen halls, recreating the interior and furnishings of different eras, dating from the middle ages and ending with the nineteenth century.
 
Kornyakta Palace was built by Italian architects. After the reconstruction, the building has preserved a Gothic hall - a model of the fifteenth-century secular Gothic. An amazing place is an Italian courtyard, which is so reminiscent of Florence and Rome. In the eighteenth century, Shakespeare’s masterpieces were played here, people walked, drank fragrant tea, and held secular conversations. To this day, the pinger has been preserved. This is a shameful pillar that punished criminals in the Middle Ages.
 
Not far from the Town Hall is the Opera House. The building is Neo-Renaissance and has a lush and rich sculptural decoration. The interior is made in a very elegant style, using expensive materials such as marble, stucco, decorated with sculptures and paintings made by great masters.
 
Translated by: Daria Dikova 
Write a comment for this product!
Name
E-mail
Please write comment
Rating for product
Captcha *
Interesting places of this region (3)
Copyright MAXXmarketing GmbH
JoomShopping Download & Support