The manor in the village of Velykyy Burluk considered one of the most beautiful in the Kharkiv province. It belonged to local family of Donecj-Zakharzhevsjkykh. In 1784 in the estate of Jakiv Mykhajlovych Donecj-Zakharzhevsjkiy was great Ukrainian philosopher Gregory Skovoroda. In the old regular part of the park was installed monument of this philosopher. Wooden palace was built in the 1820's by son of Jakiv Mykhajlovych Donecj-Zakharzhevsjkiy - Andrey , and completely finished was his son-Voin Dmitrievich Zadonskiy whose heirs owned the estate and to the 1917 revolution.
There is Guardhouse building at the entrance to the estate. Guardhouse often plays the role of the first architectural accent preliminary perception palace and park ensemble.
Once all manor buildings were visible from afar - on the same axis located park, a palace, Church of the Transfiguration. there are stone gates at the entrance to the estate. On the way to the palace located guardhouse and greenhouse. Landscape park was laid out behind the house and lasted until the river Burluk continue across the bridge, on the wide alley to the Church of the Transfiguration. This paved alley Zadonskiy in 1860 for riding on a sleigh. Extraordinary beauty of stone "Transfiguration Church" with a bell tower was designed by architect Stasov in classical style. It had a huge doric colonnade uniting church and bell tower together and bypass creating a large gallery around the entire building. Unfortunately, the church was destroyed in 1930 by communists who were in war with religion and destroyed thousand of temples and killed many priests.
Many legends and stories are linked with the estate in Velykyy Burluk. Immigrant writer Mirolubov told that in summer 1919 the Volunteer Army Colonel "Ali" (Theodore Arturovich) Izenbek during the attack on Moscow found in the this estate "Veles book" - wooden boards, covered with incomprehensible inscriptions. After emigrating to France, he took this found with him. Later he worked with them Mirolubov - photographed, deciphered the inscriptions, he published them in 1950. In his view, this Ancient slavic text. But nowadays there no other opinion that it was nothing but neo-pagan forgery. Most of the scholars that specialize in the field of mythological studies and Slavic linguistics (such as Boris Rybakov, Andrey Zaliznyak, Leo Klein, and all Russian academic historians and linguists) consider it a forgery.